About Create! Membership
CREATE! is dedicated to promoting art and culture. It serves as a forum for members to advance art education, provide community service, and enhance individual creativity working with like-minded artists, artisans, and art patrons.C-Community
CREATE! activities reflect the full breadth of members’ talents and interests including the fine arts, artisan crafts, photography, pottery, sculpture, architecture, historic preservation, landscape gardening, fiction, poetry, music, theater, dance, cinema, and gourmet dining.
Ongoing and recent efforts to make the arts an essential part of the community include:
- Holding free watercolor painting classes and multimedia workshops at the Edgar Johnson Senior Center on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- Displaying members’ works at local exhibits, juried art shows, festivals, and other special events
- Painting ceramic tiles for use in identifying various flora along the hiking trails in the Ravine Gardens
- Painting props for various childrens events
- Designing note cards and posters for fundraising purposes for non profit organizations
- Participating in the Enchanted Gardens children's event at the Ravine Gardens State Park
- Hosting an Afican American Poetry Event and art education events at the Larimer Arts Center
- Initiating an Art Show , Poetry event, and Lectures for Florida Eco Art Expression
- Developing a working relationship with community organizations such as the Humane Society, The Putnam County Environmental Council, The Ravine Gardens State Park administration, The African American Art Association, Community in Schools, etc.
New projects on the drawing board include:
- Holding art classes for children
- Developing an annual plein air art, proples choice show with the Putnam County Environmental Council
- Developing an annual fine arts show for members with the Arts Coucil of Greater Palatka
- Developing an annual fine arts show and art education event at the Ravine Gardens Sate Park Azalea Days event.
- Developing a traveling fine art show to appear at various buildings and organizations during the year.
- New field trips that meet our members interests
Our 2011 Executive Board Officers include:
President- Charlotte Lord
Vice President- Glenda Everett
Corresponding Secretary- Noreen Slate
Secretary Kay Deuben
Treasurer- Betty Goodwin
Create!'s Board of Directors includes:
If you would like to work on any of the committees listed below contact email@example.com
Committe Coordinatiors include:
Projects and Shows Coodinator-Terry Luke
Literary and Art Education Projects-Christy Sanford
Grants- Christy Sanford and Kay Deuben
Field Trips- Noreen Slate
PR-Noreen Slate, website and email -Terry Luke
Members meet to plan projects, exchange ideas, and present their latest works of creativity.
CREATE! is a State not-for-profit organization as well as a Federally approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Any funds raised are used for the sole purpose of meeting its goals and objectives.
Learn more about CREATE! New members are selected based on their desire to be active participants and willingness to promote the mission of the organization. Members must donate at least 20 hours of community service a year. The annual membership donation is a $25 donation. For additional information, visit www.creativeartistsguild.org; e-mail creativeartists02@gmail.